COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator reports to the Project Manager and Director of Strategic Communications, and will assist with a variety of tasks related to internal and external communications, presentation development, earned and social media and event coordination. This position supports senior-level management throughout all aspects of strategic communication efforts. This person will provide extensive copy-editing support for a wide range of deliverables and will perform administrative and organizational duties as necessary.
• Assists with all aspects of presentations, from inception and research to final review
• Drafts talking points, speeches and presentations for leadership speaking engagements
• Provides extensive support in copy-editing for a wide range of deliverables, including internal and external reports, fact sheets, speeches, presentations and earned media materials
• Develops comprehensive reports showcasing earned media coverage of client events, campaigns and initiatives, as well as curates and formats historical news clip analyses of past projects
• Drafts social media copy and develops content strategy to support positive coverage of client events, campaigns and activities
• Develops and manages comprehensive lists of key stakeholders for client projects, including initial research and ongoing list management
• Develop press materials, support putting together press conferences and monitoring client new coverage daily
• Event staffing and support for events, such as public meetings and hearings
• Responsible for putting together new business proposals including drafting and coordinating forms needed for submission
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
• 2-3 years of professional experience in the communications or transportation field
• Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to track multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Strong drafting and editing skills of correspondence and reports
• Ability to understand and communicate highly technical topics to the general public in digestible terms
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including PowerPoint
• Experience in the transportation industry with a focus on large public infrastructure projects is a plus
Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work as needed in the western suburbs.
Interested candidates can send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications and Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Morreale Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time